An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6 years late introducing myself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnybnix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: 6 years late introducing myself Reply with quote

Hi all. I joined the forum in 2015 as I started researching high performance sidecars in Europe because with the cessation of Charnwood and Merlin sidecar builders in the UK, that only left Watsonian as constructors whose production was, and largely still is, ‘heritage’, to use their expression. 6 years on I have built or had built to be precise, a sidecar outfit designed by my son (Senior Designer at Tesla). Sidecar body and rear hub successfully built by Blacktop Restorations in UK. Front suspension, steering and well, basically everything else by Paul Lumley of Lumley Engineering in UK (also a forum member). I realise there is much technical discussion about hub centre steering in Technical, but as far as I know, Paul is the sole builder in the UK who now offers what we choose to call Hub Centric for sidecar outfits. And mine was a first for him! That term because for us, true ‘hub centre’ describes a design where the pivot is in the centre of the hub like Difazio among others. But let’s not get into that here. I profess to be totally an amateur on matters engineering and terminology. I’ll put a pic up. I’m delighted that there are those of us still fascinated these wonderfully engaging vehicles.
SIDEWISE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 6 years late introducing myself Reply with quote

Hope we don't have to wait six years for the pic. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: